Means Test Information

Most individual debtors filing for bankruptcy relief are required to complete a version of Bankruptcy Form B 122. Official Form B 122A-1 (Chapter 7 Statement of Your Current Monthly Income), Official Form B 122A-1Supp (Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse Under § 707(b)(2)), and Official Form B 122A-2 (Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation) (collectively the “B 122A Forms”) are designed for use in chapter 7 cases.

Official Form B 122C-1 (Statement of Your Current Monthly Income and Calculation of Commitment Period) and Official Form B 122C-2 (Chapter 13 Calculation of Your Disposable Income) (collectively the “B 122C Forms”) are designed for use in chapter 13 cases. [The Official Bankruptcy Forms can be found on the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts Web site.]

Click here for detailed information on completing the means test required in individual bankruptcy cases and locating the national standards.