How to Obtain Case Information

Automated Voice Case Information System

Case information is available toll free through the Court's automated Voice Case Information System (VCIS).  Call (866)-222-8029

What you need: A touch-tone telephone is the only equipment you need to access VCIS.  This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

A case number, complete name, or a social security number/individual taxpayer identification number is required to obtain case information. The information available from the automated system is:

  • Case Number

During Covid-19: Access to Court Documents Usually Available from the Clerk's Office

Notice to Public Access Terminal Users:

Due to the COVID 19 pandemic and temporary closing of the Clerk's office, public access to court records that would otherwise be available for viewing and copying from the Clerk's office public area may instead be accessed by any of the following methods:   

1.  By Telephone Request -- If you need assistance with accessing court documents and are not able, or cannot afford, to use, please call (401) 626-3100, ext. 0 for assistance, o

Certified Copies of Bankruptcy Documents

Certified copies of bankruptcy documents can be obtained by calling the  Clerk's office at (401) 626-3100, ext. 0 or by mail request.

In order to obtain a certified copy of a bankruptcy document, you must have both the bankruptcy case number and the docket number of the document to be certified.

1.  How to Locate Bankruptcy Case Number:


Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) is a web-based system that allows users with an internet connection and a PACER account to view or print case documents online.  A fee of .10 cents is charged for each page viewed.

Paper Copies of Bankruptcy Documents

Paper copies of bankruptcy documents can be obtained in person, by mail, or by using Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER).  To sign up for a PACER account, register at is external).  

Closed Cases - Archived Case Information

The Federal Records Center (FRC) in Waltham, Massachusetts stores closed case records. For information, visit the NARA website.  There are two ways of reviewing and/or obtaining copies of documents in a bankruptcy case. We strongly suggest that you call before visiting the Clerk's office to verify where your case is being maintained.