Creditors can now file a Proof of Claim without being a Registered ECF User
The Rhode Island Bankruptcy Court is pleased to announce the implementation of ePOC [Electronic Proofs of Claim Program] for the free electronic filing of claims directly from our website at www.rib.uscourts.gov. ePOC allows creditors to electronically create and file proofs of claim, amended proofs of claim and withdrawals of claim absolutely free and without the need for a login and password. Registered ECF users are also welcome to use ePOC instead of logging into ECF to file claims – the program will create the claim so the filer does not need to create one in advance.
Only Internet access is required.
• Just fill in the blanks and the proof of claim form is automatically created and electronically filed!
• Verify the filing immediately.
• Your address is automatically added to the mailing matrix after the claim is filed.
• Saves time and money (postage and paper) from paper claim filings!
The ePOC program allows creditors to electronically file with the court the following types of documents:
• Proof of Claim [Form B10]
• Amended Proof of Claim
• Withdrawal of Claim
Access to ePOC is located on the left-side of our Home page underneath the E-Filing link. Clicking on the File a Proof of Claim link will bring you to a new ePOC program page containing filing links, instructions [demonstrations] and frequently asked questions.